Friday, July 11, 2014

Sirius Dog thank you

It was a long and wonderful journey, i'm incredibly grateful and a better person for the time we shared.





we spent almost 11 years together.  Though i'm not ready to say goodbye, I know it's time.  I've asked a lot of you, and you've done far more than was reasonable to expect.

I hope I've been able to bring you as much joy as you've brought me.  I sometimes worry that I've been too short tempered with you (I know I had several occasions, for which i'm sorry) and thank you for being pure enough at heart to forgive my shortcomings.

I hope you enjoyed our time together and feel you had a good life. 

I apologize for the ridiculous temperatures you had to endure while in el cajon.

I often think of our mexico and other desert trips looking back with great happiness remembering you wandering around Bahia los angeles, laguna hanson, ocotillo, and many others.

In hind sight, I don't think you enjoyed much of the driving, for that I am sorry, I was led to believe "dogs love trucks"

I am grateful that you were always eager to get in the truck and embark on our next adventure.

I apologize for not stopping more frequently, I get too caught up in the destination and lose sight of the journey.  though it's a bit late to benefit you, it will be a great way for me to remember you and all the love we shared.

it brings a smile to my face and tears to my eyes every time i remember your first visit to snow.  again, another long road trip, we drove to flagstaff and i actually made time to stop to just enjoy the quiet.  i remember you jumping out of the bed of the truck and being super excited to discover this incredible substance which offered welcome relief from the sweltering temps of southerm California

i learned so many things along our journey.  some at your expense, again i'm sorry.  here are a few of the valuable lessons you taught me:
  • be always grateful
  • touch is an incredible healer
  • be tenacious
  • be honest
  • be open
  • be slow to anger
  • be quick to forgive
  • treat each adventure as your last
  • save the good times
  • learn from the bad and let them go
  • attitude is everything:  have a positive one
i know one day i will wake up and you will not be there waiting for our morning walk.  the thought of this pains me deeply.

i hope you enjoyed your time at the kennel as much as they seemed to enjoy having you there.  every time i left you there a little piece of me died.  every time i picked you up there and you would run in circles like a crazed pup slipping all over the place, that piece of me was resuscitated. 

i hope you enjoyed our time in Colorado and the little bit of additional freedom it offers.
i hope you enjoyed our walks as much as i did
i hope to live as you do:  embracing the positive
i hope to learn patience as much as you have

"when you are Real you don't mind being hurt"

and a trip through our photographic history: 

No comments: