Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's been some time now

So i tried to get back into this blogging, and as indicated between my previous post (nov 11??) and this one, it has been less then successful.

it's been a rocky road between here and there.  lots of lows and some slow progress.  the most notable of which is my acknowledgement that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way i run.  this has been a thorn in my side for several years, but took a series of very difficult decisions and realizations on my part to finally seek outside help.

i'm not infallible, i do have flaws, and sometimes it requires someone other than myself to fix them.  i will complete my 4th week of rehab tomorrow.  it's been a positive experience so far, though i still haven't tested things out officially (haven't gotten to the point at which i've been historically failing), things seem to be improving.

new muscles are sore, most stiffness has been alleviated, range of motion is improving, and i had a fairly good run with some significant climbing earlier this week.  i've also had some really poor showings during the last 4 weeks, though none of them have been caused by niggling injuries, just by odd new failures (i think a combination of sleep and nutrition or lack thereof) and typical muscular fatigue.

i've a fairly ambitious lineup this year, and that's just what i've already paid for, if things pan out i hope to add more to the list.  fingers crossed (i'd rather be lucky then good), and i will continue to pay my dues (fortune favors the prepared).

i've created a bit of clean up for myself, and unfortunately some of you as well.  for this i am truly sorry.

you have helped me far more then i can express or fully thank you for, and i am happy to call you my friends.     i cannot thank you enough for being there for me and being as understanding as you have been.  i truly hope you never need that level of support.  if you do, i will do all that i can to be as good as you have been to me.




No comments: